2.8.11

Day 249

Cremation ceremony in Perean village on my last day! It was as incredible experience to participate among the locals.


Parade through the city.

Temmy is Ketut's wife and she brought offerings to the ceremony together with the other women from the village.

People are smiling and not crying, they believe that the burning of the corpse will liberate the soul. 





My French friend Polo and I.





The burning of the corpse was assisted with gas burners.


Balinese coffee.

Temmy and Kadek sitting under the rice hut.
Putu says goodbye, she is absolutely adorable!

Ketut's father does not speak English but he said goodbye too. Next stop Denmark! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to have been with you on the last day of your wonderful blog!!! Miss you and love you. Polo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to spend that last day with you too! Thanks for a great time and enjoy the rest of your time in Bali:) Miss you too, lots of love Birgitte

    ReplyDelete