23.12.10

Day 25

 

Beautiful Mt. Cook (Aoraki) is the highest mountain in New Zealand, reaching a height of 3,754 metres (12,316 ft). It lies in the Southern Alps, the mountain range which runs the length of the South Island.

I reached Christchurch planning to meet up with a Kiwi friend, but he could't get out of Heathrow due to the show. Then luckily I met Fabienne on McD’s in Christchurch! She's from Switzerland but has lived a couple of years in New Zealand. She invited me to sleep on her coach in a house with 5 other roommates and now I’m actually celebrating Christmas in their house. Sometimes the unexpected experiences are the best ones!

To the left is Yuhong Zang 臧宇鸿 or Eric who made an original Chinese dinner. To the right is Fabienne's boyfriend Sam from Zew Zealand. Thank you guys for making me feel so welcome!

The first thing I saw on their living room table was Danish Butter Cookies. This feels like home:) 
A couple of Irish and Scottish friends came by and Eric and Sam jammed in the shed. I really like their sound so check out their Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment