15.12.10

Day 17

Blisters, dirty clothes and sunburned shoulders – I’m starting to feel like an authentic backpacker! The 10 hours in a bus from Nelson to Franz Josef only adds up. Driving down the west side of the south island was an experience due to the spectacular nature. The most impressive stop on the trip was indisputably the famous Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki (Info: Through a layering-weathering process called stylobedding, the Dolomite Point limestone has formed into what looks like piles of thin pancakes). Tonight I’m looking at a quiet evening at Rainforest Retreat Hostel with intensions of writing my homemade postcards - look forward my favored friends! Also I want to be prepared for my full day (8 hours) Franz Josef Glacier Guides tomorrow.










The view from my bedroom window at Rainforest Retreat!




4 comments:

  1. Åhh Bridget! Det ser fantastisk ud! Og den der kaffe - haps! Den ville gøre BA skrivningen meget bedre. Vi har 5 dage endnu - skal vi skype, når jeg har afleveret? Knus Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Lulle,

    Umm ja kaffen var fantastisk - og tiltrængt! :)
    Jeg vil meget gerne lave en skype date snart, skriv når Ba'en er i hus!
    Knus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good writing skills, attractive designing & an interesting post. So thanks a lot for sharing with all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm happy that you like it, how did you come across my travel blog?

    ReplyDelete