11.12.10

Day 13

I find New Zealand breathtaking and can't wait to explore the island. First stop is Kaikoura where I'm spending two nights!
I met a nice french guy in my dorm called Benoit Protun. We had morning tea together and looked at the view from our hostel in Kaikoura. 
The hostel has a great location
Benoit, Ida (a swedish girl I just met) and I went for a drive to the Peninsula Seal Colony and Walkway 'Kai mokehu' (Recreation Reserve). 'Keep left' is a good reminder!
Ida and Benoit
Benoit went to touch the water (it was cold!)
Lots of sea birds to look at
The seals are really good at posing!
Ida and I went for a walk in the cosy town 
A group of 15 guys went fishing in Kaikoura and asked us to join them for freshly cooked fish. It was really tasty - among other things we had crab and shark 
The best way to end a wonderful day in good company
The sunset at Kaikoura. Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. Bridget, det er nogle fantastiske billeder. Jeg har selv overnattet på The Dusky Lodge, hvor jeg også fik lov til at spendere to timer (ufrivilligt) på et af toiletterne, da døren gik i baglås - og det var meget svært at få mig ud kl. 01 om natten.

    Jeg er meeegeet misundelig. Ak!
    Møs

    ReplyDelete